Employment Opportunity: Medical Reception / Medical Office Assistant
The Sundance Clinic is growing and continues to recruit. We are seeking an experienced, organized and enthusiastic person to coordinate clinical services. The patient coordinator touches all aspects of the patient's care in the clinic.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in a reception capacity, including appointment booking, reminder and follow-up calls;
- Organize patient referrals and manage the data base of patient information;
- Organize the healthcare team, physicians and staff including scheduling;
- Take part in all aspects of clinic management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Needs to be a patient care advocate.
- This is a busy, computerized medical office; typing and computer skills are a must and previous experinece with EMR preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- This position is a blend of both "team" and "independent" work
- Strong organization and time-management skills
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Completion of an MOA or similar certificate; related experience accepted for the right candidate.
- Previous role as an MOA, medical receptionist, unit clerk or LPN would be a suitable background for this position
- Previous experience with electronic medical records (EMR) will help the candidate manage in this multi-tasking environment
- Basic Life Support CPR attained or planned
APPLICATION AND RESUME
- Andrea Wong
The Sundance Clinic
31 Sunpark Plaza SE
Calgary, Alberta T2X 3W5