Healthy Moms Healthy Babies
The South Calgary BABY Clinic provides care for newborns and their moms who do not have a family physician. Care is provided from discharge to age 6 months.
The clinic believes in a team approach to care. You may be seen by a behavioural health consultant, a nurse, and a physician at most visits.
- Comprehensive exam of infant:
- Assess interval growth;
- Review developmental milestones;
- Optimize infant feeding;
- Address parental concerns.
- Mom’s post-partum care:
- Care of the perineum;
- Breast health;
- Post-partum mood changes.
- Review by Behavioral Health Consultant:
- Infant concerns;
- Maternal wellbeing;
- Optimize family wellbeing during this transitional time.
How to Book a BABY Appointment
Parents should phone the clinic at the time of discharge from hospital to arrange the first appointment. Both Mom and Baby must have Alberta Health Care (AHCIP) coverage; the visit is for both the mom and the baby.
Please ensure you bring the discharge papers that the hospital supplied you.
We encourage fathers to participate in the baby visits when appropriate.
Please allow ample time for your clinic visit with our team (approximately 1 hour).
- For the safety and comfort of our patients, please limit other visitors.
- Note that children cannot be left unsupervised in the waiting area.
- If possible, leave your stroller in the car!